The Obstetrics & Gynaecology department at SNG Hospital offers world-class treatment for a wide range of gynaecology conditions as well as obstetric care that is at par with international standards.
It sets the goal post for modern minimally invasive approach to most gynaecological surgical procedures – these are assisted by state-of-the-art endoscopic equipment and are performed by expert surgeons. The department is a major referral centre, nationally and internationally for urogynaecological services providing comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for all female urinary and pelvic floor problems.
The Hospital provides for holistic and empathetic maternity and newborn care, with evidence-based approach to management of pregnancy and delivery. It’s our endeavour to keep pregnancy and childbirth as natural as possible, while at the same time retaining capacity to manage all pregnancy complications.
Backed by the knowledge and expertise of the best faculty of doctors adept in world class health practices, and supported by advanced equipment and infrastructure, SNG Hospital provides round-the-clock services for all gynaecology and obstetrics cases.
Technology & Infrastructure
Intensive planning has gone into the development of supreme quality infrastructure of the Obstetrics & Gynaecology division, to ensure that our patients get nothing but the best:
- Gynaecological services are provided by modern, self-sufficient clinics with attached treatment areas
- Day-care facility for same day surgeries
- There are labour waiting rooms to care for patients in early labour
- Isolation rooms / HDU (High Dependency Unit) is available to manage complicated pregnancies
- Maternity operation theatre for operative and caesarean section, fortified with the best equipment
- Breastfeeding and Parent craft support team to assist new mothers.
Highlights of Medical Equipment and Technology at the Obstetrics & Gynaecology division:
- Advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgical equipment in sophisticated modular theatres
- Latest colposcopic equipment to diagnose and treat pre-cancer of cervix
- Latest fetal Cardiotocography equipment to monitor fetal wellbeing during pregnancy and delivery
- Sophisticated imaging facility